Utility Bill Assistance
We recognize these are challenging times for Coachella Valley residents and Customers may be experiencing economic hardship due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Several programs are available that may provide assistance.
United Lift Rental Assistance 2021
- United Lift is open for Riverside County renters seeking rental assistance! Visit www.unitedlift.org to complete an application.
- United Lift eligibility is limited to renters in Riverside County with a current lease agreement who are earning 80 percent or below of the area’s median income and can document a loss of income due to COVID-19
- Assistance is being given without regard to immigration status
- Qualified renters may be eligible for assistance with utility bills
- The program will provide one-time rental assistance support to cover up to 12 months of unpaid rent during the period between March 13, 2020 until the time of application, plus an additional three months of future rent.
- A landlord can initiate an application using the Landlord Application Form
- In-person application events will be held throughout the spring
Visit UnitedLift.org for FAQs and to apply!
- Website - https://www.unitedlift.org
- Phone - (760) 636-0420
- Website - https://uwiv.org/rental-assistance
- Phone - (951) 697-4700
CVWD has partnered with United Way of the Desert to create the Help2Others Customer Assistance Program to help eligible customers who are having trouble paying their water bill.
How does the program work?
Eligible residential customers can receive a $100 credit on their water bill once in a 12 month period. Customers must reapply for subsequent years. The Customer Assistance Program is managed by United Way of the Desert. United Way of the Desert screens eligible customers and provides them with assistance in paying a past due water bill.
See http://www.cvwd.org/367/Customer-Assistance-Program for more information.
- Website - https://unitedwayofthedesert.org
- Phone – (760) 323-2731 (extension 105 for English or extension 107 for Spanish)
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
County of Riverside Community Action Partnership CARES Program
The program assists Riverside County families with emergency assistance to help cover unmet household bills and provide utility assistance. Funds are limited so you are encouraged to apply early.
- Website - https://www.capriverside.org/
- Phone – (951) 955-4900
The following Food Programs are ready to help provide food:
- CalFresh https://www.getcalfresh.org (877) 410-8827
- WIC https://www.rivhero.com (855) 748-4376
- Senior Meals https://www.rcaging.org (800) 510-2020
Free or Reduced Cost Community Resources
Search for community resources and a range of services, including medical, financial, transportation, housing, food, job training, legal help and more.
- Website - https://cvhip.com/
The Community Action Partnership’s Tech for Success Program allows one to earn a refurbished desktop computer by participating in two online financial literacy workshops. Courses are available online at https://credit.org/courses/. Submit certificates via email to email@example.com. Call (951) 955-4802 for more information.