Utility Bill Assistance

Several programs are available for Coachella Valley residents that may help due to economic hardship.     



CVWD has partnered with United Way to create the Help2Others Customer Assistance Program to help eligible customers pay their water bill.

How does the program work?

Eligible residential customers can receive a $150 credit on their water bill once in a 12 month period. Customers must reapply for subsequent years. The Customer Assistance Program is managed by Inland SoCal United Way, who screens eligible customers and provides them with assistance in paying a past due water bill.

See Help2Others Assistance Program — Inland SoCal United Way (inlandsocaluw.org) for more information.



Low Income Household Water Assistance Program

The Low Income Household Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP) is administered by the Community Action Partnership of Riverside County. It is a temporary emergency program to help low-income families with assistance on past due water and sewer bills - up to $15,000. Additionally, water customers without a balance may receive $200 to $371, depending on household size and income. LIHWAP is a grant. You do not have to repay it.

To receive help, you must:

  • Be a Riverside County resident.
  • Meet the income guidelines.

 Required Documents
 You will need the following documents to complete your application.  Please have them ready before you begin to ensure your application is completed and processed.

  1. Current water utility bill
  2. Proof of income (last 4 weeks)
  3. Copy of the applicant's photo ID and Social Security Card
  4. Any of the following:  U.S. Birth Certificate, U.S. Passport, Permanent Resident Card, Certificate of Naturalization, Social Security Award Letter, or DD214 showing place of birth.

 Download the LIHWAP flyer for full program details in English and Spanish.

Click here to download the LIHWAP program application.


Inland Southern California United Way

Inland Southern California United Way’s mission is to unite people, ideas and resources to empower our community and improve lives. Among the many services offered are Emergency Rental Assistance, School Tools, Prescription Savings Card, and Crisis Helpline. Find services in Riverside and San Bernadino counties by searching our 211+ database or dialing 2-1-1 to speak with a Community Resource Advisor 24 hours a day 7 days a week.


Community Action Partnership of Riverside County

Community Action changes people’s lives, embodies the spirit of hope, improves communities, and makes America a better place to live. We care about the entire community, and we are dedicated to helping people help themselves and each other. Community Action Partnership of Riverside County offers many Services and Programs, including:

  1. Water and Electric Utility Assistance
  2. Volunteer Income Tax Assistance
  3. Youth Programs
  4. Tech for Success
  5. Health and Wellness Resource Fairs

Visit https://capriverside.org for full details.


Food Programs

The following Food Programs are ready to help provide food:


Free or Reduced Cost Community Resources

Search for community resources and a range of services, including medical, financial, transportation, housing, food, job training, legal help and more.


Internet Options for Low- and Fixed-Income Households

Having access to reliable internet service is more important than ever, but many plans are expensive for low- and fixed-income customers. Fortunately, you can take advantage of multiple plans and programs to secure low-income internet service or free high-speed internet.