CVWD will open two rate adjustment hearings in June for in-person comments with specific COVID-19 prevention guidelines in place.
While virtual comment remains strongly encouraged, you may give in-person testimony at hearings on June 2 and June 8. The hearings will be held in the Steve Robbins Administration Building (SRAB) boardroom, 75-515 Hovley Lane East, Palm Desert.
The June 2 hearing for rate increases in Replenishment Assessment Charges for groundwater producers in the East and West Whitewater River Subbasin Areas of Benefit is scheduled for 1:30 p.m. The June 8 hearing for changes in domestic water service rates will be held at 8 a.m.
Those who want to give in-person testimony must follow these required steps:
- You must wear a mask at all times and wait outside the SRAB building until it is your turn to provide public comment.
- When you enter SRAB, you will be asked to complete COVID-19 screening questions and have your temperature taken.
- If you fail to pass the COVID-19 screening or fail to comply with the guidelines, entry will be denied.
- If you pass the screening, you may enter the boardroom and give up to three minutes of testimony, then exit the building.
- CVWD will increase sanitation procedures before and after the hearings.
For rate information: log on to www.cvwd.org/ratechanges or call (760) 391-9600.
For the meeting agendas: Log on to CVWD.org/151/Board-Agendas. Agenda packets are posted at least 72 hours before each meeting. You can also contact the Clerk of the Board at (760) 398-2651 or at SBermudez@cvwd.org.
For written protests: Mail to Coachella Valley Water District, Attention: Clerk of the Board, P.O. Box 1058, Coachella, CA 92236. They must be received prior to the hearing date.