Below is a summary of activities from the March 23, 2021 meeting of the Coachella Valley Water District Board of Directors.
- Heard a lease agreement between Riverside County and CVWD to keep Lake Cahuilla open for recreational use was extended for one year.
- Approved a land exchange agreement with Imperial Irrigation District for two 2.5-acre parcels. The property is in the North Indio Flood Control Project along Avenue 40 and Myoma Road in Indio. Cost is $7,875.
- Awarded a $64,737,307 contract to Alabbasi of Perris for construction of the Coachella Valley Stormwater Channel Improvement Project from Avenue 54 to the Thermal Drop Structure.
- Awarded a $35,186,040 contract to Myers and Sons Construction of Sacramento for construction of the WRP 10 T1 Pump Station Replacement and T2 Pump Station Modifications Project.
- Awarded $15,489, 360 to Jones Brothers Construction Company of Coachella for construction of the FY 2017-2018 Nonpotable Water Pipeline Connection Project. It includes 9.5 miles of pipeline that will extend along East Hovley Lane in Palm Desert and Bermuda Dunes and will connect WRP 10 to provide nonpotable irrigation water for seven golf course, one RV resort, one planned future development, and replacing an existing pump station.
- Agreed to solicit bids for sewer manhole rehabilitation. The project would rehab 18 manholes, ages 40 to 50 years, in Palm Desert and Rancho Mirage. Estimated cost is $30,000 per manhole.
- Approved changes to the CVWD State Water Project Fund Reserve Policy.
- Listened to disclosure responsibilities under the Federal Securities laws by Doug Brown of Stradling Yocca Carlson & Rauth law firm.