In lieu of a traditional in-person staff meeting, Coachella Valley Water District presents its 2020 State of the District message via video.
Board President John Powell narrates the video that premiered at the Feb. 9 Board meeting. You can see it on YouTube here: https://youtu.be/7JHj2Nxgvww.
Also at that meeting the board:
- Heard an update of the Strategic Plan for Fiscal Year 2021 by Assistant General Manager Robert Cheng, who said all 19 plan projects are on track.
- Awarded $83,700 to Krieger and Stewart for design of a canal water connection for the Madison Club-Avenue 54 Meter Connection Project.
- Authorized $255,714 to Northwest Hydraulics Consultants for engineering services for levee certification of the Whitewater River Stormwater Channel from Ramon Road to Country Club Drive.
- Authorized $180,000 to Albert A. Webb Associates for engineering plans related to the Sun City Palm Desert Water Main Replacement Phase 3A. That area includes 340 homes.
- Awarded an $870,047 construction contract to The Van Dyke Corporation for the Water Reclamation Plan 4 Process Optimization Project. It will fund replacing 16 aged aerators with new aerators that will improve operation efficiencies and reduce maintenance.