Below are actions taken at the Jan. 26 meeting of the Coachella Valley Water District Board of Directors.
- Authorized a one-year extension to the lease between CVWD and the County of Riverside for use of land and development and administration of recreation at Lake Cahuilla.
- Recognized the 20-year anniversary of Development Services Aide Ruben Montiel and retirements of Canal Maintenance Supervisor Rodney Nason, Administration Assistant II Karen Frane, Stormwater Supervisor Patrick McDaniel, Domestic Crew Chief Art Vasquez and Senior Domestic Water Service worker Rick Bennett.
- Entered into a Special Domestic Water System and Sanitation System Installation Agreement for a proposed master planned community bordered by Gerald Ford and Frank Sinatra drives between Bob Hope Drive and Monterey Avenue in Rancho Mirage. Plans for the 618-acre community call for resort hotels, a town center, 1,900 homes and open space with a recreational lagoon, pedestrian, bicycle and golf car trails and neighborhood parks. Grading of the site is expected to start in spring 2021.
- Adopted changes to the District reserve policy with an eye towards increasing the flexibility the District has in managing capital reserve levels in connection with its 5-year CIP plans.
- Approved an updated resolution to allow the Director of Human Resources to take action on tort claims that do not exceed $25,000.
- Approved an updated resolution to allow the Director of Human Resources to enter into Workers’ Compensation claim settlement agreements that do not exceed $25,000.
- Executed a professional services agreement for $313,500 with Willis Towers Watson to provide property and casualty insurance brokerage services for three years.
- Agreed to pay Imperial Irrigation District $228,896 to relocate three transmission poles before the summer months to make way for the North Indio Regional Flood Control Project.
- Agreed to pay $162,750 for purchase of a 1.6-acre parcel and related costs and a temporary construction easement that are necessary for construction of the North Indio Regional Flood Control Project.