As the year nears an end, CVWD takes note of major accomplishments from 2020.
- COVID-19 Response: The District has maintained service throughout the COVID-19 emergency, the Board of Directors suspended late penalties on customer’s bills and CVWD continues to assist customers with economic hardship through the Help2Others program.
- Land Subsidence Slows: A new USGS report shows efforts by CVWD to replenish local aquifers have led to stable land surface elevations in most of the region.
- Reliable drinking water: Westside Elementary School in Thermal was connected to the CVWD system. The school had relied on an unreliable onsite well and had no fire protection.
- Less groundwater use: A pump station replacement lessens reliance on groundwater and provides an alternative to large irrigation users throughout the City of La Quinta.
- Employee health: The American Heart Association presented CVWD with a Gold level recognition for the employee wellness program and employee health.