CVWD is taking strong steps to protect the health and safety of employees during the COVID-19 pandemic. Our offices are closed, but we continue to provide service to the public.
To do so, we’ve changed how we work.
Alternative work schedules, face mask requirements, social distancing and other precautions and preventive measures are part of our daily routine.
Here are examples of measures we’ve taken to continue our service and reach out to our customers and the community:
- Board meetings are streamed via YouTube and SIRE. The public can submit comments via email or by calling the Clerk’s office prior to the meeting.
- Education specialists offer to help teachers transition to distance learning and send children’s activity books
- Conservation staff uses video chat rather than in-person contact to conduct business
- Engineering Department does business via conference calls
- Environmental Service cross-trained 14 staff members to back up essential services
- Facilities, Maintenance and Operations Department keeps a list of retired employees for possible temporary positions if regular critical employees side-lined
- Information Systems optimizes and upgrades systems to allow staff to work at home
- Human Resources develops protocols for employees who may have been exposed to the virus and emergency alternative staffing plans
- Service Department leads the District’s plan to stop terminating water accounts for nonpayment
For more information, go to cvwd.org/COVID19